Managing Director at Kea Company
March 2013 - Present | London
* Managing Director, leading the Analyst Relations Catalyst Service and the Analyst Relations Leaders Service.
* Through the Analyst Relations Leaders Service, providing Analyst Attitude Surveys, leadership coaching and training for large, multinational analyst relations and influencer marketing teams.
* Through the Analyst Relations Catalyst Service, helping AR teams make qualitative leaps forward though Analyst Relationship Maturity Audits, Analyst Mindshare Benchmarks.
* Negotiated Kea Company's acquisition of Lighthouse, producing the world's largest analyst relations firm.
* Co-owner, and senior management team member, of Kea Company's international Analyst Relations business.
Director at Lighthouse Public Relations
October 2002 - November 2005
* Board member, given a 25% equity stake to transform the firm's analyst relations service.
* Won new clients including BT, Cisco, CoreMedia, Datamonitor, Ericsson, Fujitsu, HP, IBM, Magic Solutions, McAfee, Siemens, Unisys and others.
* Completed three-month in-house role at Deloitte, after which I returned to Lighthouse to also lead its investor relations offer
* Qualified through part-time study as a Chartered Marketer and MBA at London Business School
* Initiated LBS teams studying Lighthouse PR and Rainier PR, accelerating Rainier's purchase of Lighthouse's media relations business
* Successfully bought out Lighthouse Analyst Relations without disruptions to client service
Senior Manager at Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
March 2003 - June 2003
* Senior in-house role in the European communications team of the global DTT Verein
* Prepared EMEA analysts, partners in Deloitte partnerships and their analyst relationship managers for the planned separation of DTT and its consulting business
* Day-to-day coordination with the firm's global communications community
* Managed outreach to EMEA analysts when the separation was canceled at the eleventh hour
* Assisted the co-ordination of the integration of the two Analyst Relations teams
* Completed Deloitte's Alumni Development Programme.
Business Group Director, Brodeur Worldwide at Omnicom Group
September 2000 - October 2002
* Created, trained and led the analyst relations community of practice for what is now Ketchum Pleon and Brodeur Partners
* Worked on pan-Omnicom projects involving DAS, Interbrand, Ketchum, and the virtual agency serving IBM (OneBlue)
* Exceeded financial targets every year, adding over 10% to Brodeur's UK revenue
* Built Europe's largest analyst relations client list including 13 software vendors, seven hardware manufacturers, 11 services firms and 12 companies in the telecommunications sector.
Consultant and analyst, enterprise business software at Ovum
March 1999 - September 2000
* Co-authored research on enterprise-scale financial systems, EAI, mobile commerce, content management, CRM, business intelligence and ERP
* Consulted on CRM, mobile messaging, ERP and business intelligence to management consultancies, investment banks and vendors such as SAP AG, Microsoft, Performix, Qumas and Centigram
Research analyst, enterprise business software at City University London
September 1997 - March 1999
* Invented a software selection methodology for an integration consultancy (data mining software for use in CRM)
* Knowledge transfer partner working on consulting projects with companies in the telecoms and media industries
* Completed masters degree in business systems analysis
Database administrator at Department for Work and Pensions
September 1995 - September 1997
* Administrator for the transition of a legacy client database onto a new platform.
* Responsible for the accuracy of client records, including payment details, used across five large London offices.
Fundraiser at Pell & Bales
September 1993 - August 1997
* Initially executed technology-driven donor relationship management campaigns.
* Later promoted into a part-time supervisory role, coaching and managing evening shift telephone fundraisers
Consultancy Director, Loudhouse at The Octopus Group
* Experienced Chartered Marketer, leading the development of marketing consultancy services
* Leading global influencer marketing and analyst relations projects
* Business development for communications research, market research, internal communication, speaker bureaux and marketing.
* Liaison, especially with clients and public relations consultancies, to ensure maximum leverage of Loudhouse's work.
* Associate Director in The Octopus Group's senior management team
* Delegate to ION Group, the global communications agency group.
Executive Coach at Human Equity
* Investor and associate consultant enabling development through a coaching and partnership approach
* Coaching and change projects with clients in the US, mainland Europe and Asia, spanning questions like relationship marketing, career management and leadership development.
* Consulting though Human-Equity, Synatus, Gerson Lehrman Group, Guidepoint Global and, currently, exclusively through JK Masters & Career.
* Highly personal approach, coaching no more than two clients at any one time
Founder at Lighthouse Analyst Relations
* Pre-eminent provider of AR analysis, training, coaching, team development and webinars to firms including Accenture, Adobe, Atos, Attachmate, Avaya, Ciena, Cisco, Edelman, Genesys, IBM, Informatica, NetApp, Qwest, SAS, Sun, Symantec, Tata, Verisign, Verizon, and Waggener Edstrom.
* Specialist in relationship marketing management for telecom and technology multinationals
* Leading expert on global market for ICT industry analysis and consulting
* Author of the AnalystEquity blog, with 200,000+ page views since 2005
* Co-author of "Industry Analyst Relations: An extension to PR"
Ashridge Business School
2010 – 2014
Ludwig-Maximilians Universitat Munchen
2010 – 2010
Concentration: DKFA, Deutschkurse bei der Universitat Munchen
Universite catholique de Lyon
2010 – 2010
Concentration: Certificat de Langue et de Culture Francaises
2007 – 2008
Concentration: Consultation and the Organisation
King's College London, U. of London
2006 – 2007
Concentration: Social science research
University of Manchester - Manchester Business School
2005 – 2005
Concentration: Programme in Executive Coaching
London Business School
2002 – 2004
Concentration: Business Administration
Dartmouth College - The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth
2003 – 2003
Concentration: Industry & Competitive Analysis; Organisational Design
EDHEC Business School
2002 – 2002
Concentration: UCLA executive programme
University of California, Los Angeles - The Anderson School of Management
2002 – 2002
Concentration: Theseus executive program
Handelshochschule Leipzig / HHL - Leipzig Graduate School of Management
2001 – 2001
London Guildhall University
2000 – 2000
Concentration: Certificate in Marketing
City University (GB)
1997 – 1999
Concentration: Business Systems Analysis
University of Westminster
1995 – 1996
Concentration: Nederlands als Vreemde Taal
University of the Arts London
1994 – 1994
The University of Manchester
1990 – 1993
Concentration: Combined Studies (social science and theology)
University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne
1986 – 1987
Concentration: Economics and Social Policy